Turn the page.

Wednesday

No place like home!

One day we were out, and it seemed as though we kept bumping into people we knew at every turn. It is fun to be able to fellowship while running errands. On the way home, feeling content and loved, one child blurted out, "See Mom, you have lots of friends. Forget about the stuck-up people."

They have witnessed the pain I have felt in being rejected by certain folks. I found it funny that I needed this reminder. Especially since I keep telling them basically the same thing. You are so loved. Sometimes, we want so much to be liked, and feel awful when certain folks reject us. A friend of mine was telling me this same message several weeks ago, but I had not let it sink in as much as I did the message from my child.

This also got me thinking about where I call "home." I have settled in, in places where that rejection dwells. Then I think of people who do not attend "church" because of flaws like this. To us, I say, that no "church" is perfect, because it is made up of imperfect folks, just like us. Those places are not truly a "home." Thank God, people who have accepted Jesus the Christ as Lord and Savior, have an eternal home to which we look forward. All the pains of this worldly existence will end, when we go home.

Psalm 84:3 & 4 "Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young - a place near your altar, O Lord Almighty, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Selah"

John 14:23 "Jesus replied, 'If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment