Turn the page.

Wednesday

Thank You, my fellow humans!!

Thank you. How do you feel when you hear those words? When I have working hard and trying to improve how I do things constantly, I feel a sense of relief hearing it. It is as though that person is acknowledging my existence. Those words are encouragement. They help me feel like I can continue because what I am doing matters to at least one other soul. Those simple words sometimes help me see my value on this gigantic spinning sphere we call "here."

Thanksgiving to me is a very important holiday. Four days are given to this occasion in the United States. I did not feel the love of Thanksgiving. I spent it with people I love and care about tremendously. The turkey and all the fixings were delicious. I definitely appreciated the time. Disappointment crept in, nonetheless, because I did not get to see all the people with whom I would have liked to spend time. There is one man I really missed, because when I am in his presence, and we do not have to exchange many words, but I feel this invisible cord between us because we are alike in so many ways. He exudes wisdom, though I have not always thought this. So does disappointment help balance thankfulness? The yin and yang of life's balance. We miss certain elements of life, we feel it in human form, but really, we miss the connection we could have with God had Adam and Eve made a different choice. The disappointment and searching we do to try and fill up those missing parts can only fill ultimately by surrendering to our Heavenly Daddy, God Almighty, and not by trying to get the best deals on Black Friday.

This is the lesson I have been settling in. I give thanks to God for all that I have, including His grace and mercy, and the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ. Though I feel pain, I rest in being thankful to Him. "...For He is good. His love endures forever."

Thanksgiving can be celebrated everyday, by encouraging those around us by saying "Thank you!" In that acknowledgment, we spread God's love and surrender to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment