Turn the page.

Monday

You made that?!!







My grand-mother is the most amazing woman I know.  Is it just a grand-mother thang, or was it just that my grand-mother, while I am/was growing up, both had the power to put the fear of God into me and then make me feel like I was resting in cotton candy every time she hugged me and kissed my forehead?  Amazing woman!!  She has done so much in her lifetime.  It amazed me to learn that she hated picking cotton when she was a little girl in Mississippi.  This woman who worked so hard!!  But who WOULD like picking cotton in those times?  When she told me that we would be sisters in Heaven, I was struck dumb.  My heart stopped for a moment.  Just to think of "my grandma" as my sister, blows my mind.  She's my (she has over 30-something grand-children, and great(s) yet she's been "mine" since I could say it) GRANDMA!  This amazing, beautiful enigma in human form.  I LOVE HER!!

Anyway, she gardened, could find the perfect switch (or had the power to send me to find it), made the best corn bread and greens.  Ok, my grandpa made the best corn bread, but don't tell her I said it.  She could crochet and knit.  In so many ways, I want to be like her.  So, as a kid, I taught myself to knit and crochet..  My grandma is a wonderful, talented teacher.  However, I could never keep up with her .  She, and my mom are two women I could never keep up with.  They literally move fast.  And then, of course, as a kid I was so exasperated and exhausted when they would have to tell me to keep up several times, and then get annoyed with me because they had to say it more than once .

So, lately, I've been working on my skills, surprised to find that I could actually make, and somewhat design different items.  I love using my creativity in this way!!  What fun!  Now, people have encouraged me to make them to sell.  So I will do it here and rely on word of mouth.  Contact me for more information. Follow this blog to receive updates. I will post some pics to show a little of what you can order.  As I learn and try more, more pics will be posted.

Most of what I do make, comes from my heart of serving and gifting.  Giving is an amazing gift for the giver, as well as the receiver, especially when a little love is in there somewhere.  Gifts can produce smiles.  They can result in tears of joy.  Love and sharing is a powerful gift.  I learned this from my grandma.  Smile and enjoy! 

Don't forget, Mother's Day is coming up May 8, 2011 this year.  Get your order in to receive it in time to surprise the women in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment