Turn the page.

Friday

Happy Independence Day United States of America

 Freedom.  Let freedom ring.  What is freedom?

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary says that freedom is a noun, meaning "the state or quality of being free (sounds like one of my middle school definitions), especially, a)exemption or liberation from the control of some other person or some arbitrary power; liberty; independence b)exemption from arbitrary restrictions on a specified civil right; civil or political liberty c)exemption or immunity from a specified obligation, discomfort, etc. d)exemption or release from imprisonment e) a being able to act, move, use, etc. without hindrance or restraint f)a being able of itself to choose or determine action freely g)ease of movement or performance; facility h)a being free from the usual rules, patterns, etc. i) frankness or easiness of manner; sometimes, an excessive frankness or familiarity  2 a right or privilege"

So, just because we live here in the good 'ole U. S. of A., are we truly free?  Is it truly free when we war to sustain this "freedom?"  Is it free when there is sacrifice, maybe not from ourselves, but someone else lays down their life for me or you?  Do you actually feel free?

Every morning when I awake, I am greeted with the awareness of excruciating pain.  I have been in this state of being non-stop since early 2008.  Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by it.  I feel shackled to it at times with no way of escape, except death.  Yet, I know that I am free because of what Jesus the Christ did for me and you.  He broke the shackles from sin that held me prisoner of eternal death/hell.  I know hell will be ump-teenth times more excruciating than my current state, and that how I live in this current vehicle is SO temporary compared with eternity in the forever new model.  I keep my eye on the prize.  So I am free, redeemed by the blood and resurrection of Christ Jesus.  There is always a price for freedom.  And living as if that price has already been paid, is what God wants for us.  Free from shame.  Free from our own addictions.  Free from haters.  Free from anger.  Free from the constraints of legalistic theology.  All from accepting the gift of Jesus giving His life for ours.  See Romans 6:15 - 23

Being free at a price, we still are servants.  We choose whom we serve.  Serving God is so much more freeing than serving the opposition.  What are your thoughts? 

   
Galatians 5:13 and 14, "13  You my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"



No comments:

Post a Comment