Turn the page.

Monday

Feeling Springy

Spring is here ! A wonderful time of year to begin anew.  Get rid of all the junk!  The clutter around the house, office, locker, and internally.  Out with the junk and make room for more opportunities.  If those opportunities don't come along, create your own.

Here are a few ideas to get those creative juices flowing in order to make your opportunity:

1.  You know that thing you wanted to try when you were younger, or that thing you wanted to do when you finally grew up?  Well, as long as it does not hurt you or others (even the people who will be part of your future), and honors God, get to it!!


2.   If you are anything like me, you collected a whole bunch of art supplies because you were going to learn more about...art.  So here's the dilemma:  should you take some classes and use those art supplies, donate those art supplies to a children's art program, and/or have a garage sale or put it all on eBay?  Whatever you do, do something.


3.   If you didn't purchase all those art supplies, BUT you did make plans for learning about something else, you should still do something.


4.   So you do not want to try anything new, you already visited every corner of the world you wanted to see, you have tried every recipe in that cook book, you took all the classes you want to take, etc., you may consider sharing your expertise with someone seeking out that very thing.  For instance, become a tour guide in that place you once loved, give a class to some kids who need something to do, etc.

5.   Start, or renew, your relationship with The Creator of everything.  Seek out the beauty of that relationship and get to know Him more.  Study everything you can about who He is and who He says you are.  Learn about what He says love is and how much He adores you.  Let Him woo you.  Or just let Him speak to you, and pray pray pray.  Don't forget to listen...it requires a stillness, a quietness, a peace that surpasses all understanding, which only He can give.  This will be one I will be working on myself.

Paul says in Romans 12:2, 
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."


Jesus says in John 15:9 - 14
"9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.  Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.  11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.  12 My command is this:  Love each other as I have loved you.  13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.  14 You are my friends if you do what I command."

To me, this is what life is about - loving God and others.  Being a friend to Jesus the Christ.  

With the renewing of life in nature, the renewing of my resolve to love always requires action.  Without love, there is no light, no life, nothing.  Is love as precious as the air we breathe?  We all crave it.  I had a record when I was little and there was a song on it saying that in regard to joy, "...lots of folks don't even know it was made to give away-ay-ay."  I think that giving away extends to love...gotta give it!!  

Just as most children thrive in a loving home, so too does mankind, and we all make a difference in deciding to give love, or not.  Now that opens up quite an opportunity!! 

What do you do to celebrate Spring in your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment