Turn the page.

Friday

Wonder in the Everlasting Beauty of God

Every time I get online at the library, the screen is distorted. To top it off, when I ask anyone, other than my kids, if they see what I see, they say something like, "Looks fine to me." AAAAAGH!!! Thank God for laptops and wireless internet...at home. Though it smells like stinky feet in here, what a thrill to have a laptop. And no, we have not located the source of the smell yet.

We are learning about mutualism, parasites, consumerism, and commensalism, in science . I do not recall having this much fun with science in elementary school. I don't remember learning this stuff at all. Commensalism is something like marriage, right?

Today, looking at the mountains, I couldn't help but think of what is beyond...California. It would be so awesome to see the ocean. I want to go to there!!! But, I am still able to see the beauty of the mountains and appreciate living here in Colorado. It is so important to stop and smell the roses. To appreciate what and who is around me is part of my "duty." Isn't that part of loving God and enjoying Him?

Challenge: Seek God's beauty, and you will find it. In Matthew 7:7, Jesus says, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (NIV) This isn't a verse introducing the ATM, immediate gratification way of living and trying to get rich, or anything like that. God is merciful. Though there is ugliness all around, no thanks to the father of lies, God's beauty remains. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28 (NIV)

The song that has been resonating with me lately is "From the Inside Out" recorded by Hillsong United (2006), also performed by Seventh Day Slumber (2009). Here are the words:

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
my heart and my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
In my heart, in my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Chorus 2x
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out Lord, my soul cries out

2 comments:

  1. HI Bethany! What a beautiful way to say what we all should do everyday- thank God for the beauty we have to enjoy- despite the ugliness of the world we come across. I am grateful for all He has given to me and my family- what a blessing and comfort to know He is in control, and I just need to let Him lead me because He knows what is best for his children. Thanks for a bright spot you have given me today! God Bless you today and always! Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you too, Ronda!! I always look forward to seeing you. Hope you have a beauty-filled day!! =)

    ReplyDelete